Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Jellyfish

We have been busy!  My language groups (Kindergarten through Grade 2) made these cute jellyfish.  While working on them, we practiced following directions and used words like: long, short, wide, narrow, half, front, back, decorate, attach and tentacles.  Tentacles, decorate and jellyfish are all 3 syllable words, so we practiced clapping the syllables and repeating them in the correct order.

When they were finished, we hung them up in the room.  As we admired our work, we took turns retelling how we made them, using the words: first, then, next, and last, along with past tense verbs (e.g. "First, I cut the circle in half.  Then I decorated it.  Next, I taped on the tentacles.  Last, I hung it on the wall.")

There are some great simple craft ideas available on the internet.  Here are some links for you to try at home...don't forget to practice retelling how you made your projects.

Seahorses
Rainbow Fish
Octopus

No comments:

Post a Comment